Veterans Burial Services
Saying Thank You is only the beginning of how we should honor our country’s veterans.
We would be honored to help you make arrangements for any combination of traditional military tributes because we believe it’s our duty to provide you and your family with professional and dignified assistance during your time of need.
Who is eligible for Military Funeral Services
Whether you’ve lost a loved one in combat or a service member of your family died during peacetime, honoring your family member with veteran burial services are a respectful, dignified way of remembering a life and service to our country.
Our duty is to provide you and your family with professional and dignified assistance during your time of need and to support you in honoring your loved one for their dedication and selfless service.
Eligible veterans who opt for burial at any VA National Cemetery are honored by the U.S. Department of Affairs with a free burial space, grave liner, memorial headstone, and U.S. flag, as well as a Presidential Memorial Certificate. Veterans using a local burial location are honored with a complementary marker and U.S. flag.
We work with families of veterans (or veterans themselves) to help ensure all proper benefits are accorded and that a memorial or funeral befitting your loved one’s time of service to the country is possible.
Additional Veteran Benefits
In addition to coordinating honors related to the service itself, we can help you communicate with the US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to arrange for:
- A Presidential Memorial Certificate. This is a certificate expressing the nation’s recognition of the veteran’s service. The veteran’s name is inscribed, and the certificate is embossed with the nation’s message of gratitude and bears the signature of the President. It makes a meaningful keepsake for many families. Certificates are issued in the name of honorably discharged, deceased veterans. Contact us for assistance in applying for a Presidential Memorial Certificate, and we would be happy to guide you through the process.
- Headstones or Markers. The VA provides headstones and markers for the graves of veterans anywhere in the world and for eligible dependents of veterans buried in national, state veteran or military cemeteries. Some cemeteries may not be able to offer full burial due to space limitations but do still offer the interment of cremated remains. We can help you navigate the process of determining which burial or cremation services are available based on your situation and your loved one’s eligibility.
- Memorial Plots. The VA provides a plot and headstone or marker in a national cemetery for memorialization of eligible veterans. If you wish to place the memorial in a cemetery other than a national cemetery, the VA will provide the headstone or marker but not the plot itself.
- Burial in a VA National Cemetery. This includes the gravesite, opening and closing of the grave, a grave box and perpetual care.
- Reimbursement of Burial Expenses. For information on eligibility and the different levels of potential reimbursement, please review the Guide to VA Burial Allowances.
Whether you’re concerned about finding a peaceful resting place or creating a final memorial that honors the memory of a veteran, we can help.
At Cremations America, LLC, we value your service and dedication to our country. Our caring staff is here to create a veteran memorial service that will tell your story and create a lasting memorial service in your honor. To learn more about the planning process or to speak with one of our team members, please contact us online or by phone at (305) 381-5771.